Friday, November 28, 2008

Wedding Inserts & Curtains

In the evening, I went to collect the wedding inserts. I reached Paya Lebar MRT station and tried finding the bus stop for bus no: 58. I had remember clearly that one of the bus stops was opposite the MRT station but I just couldn't locate it after walking all over the place. So I ended up taking a cab again. What a remote place...

I reached the JSP Art Industries at around 6.10pm. I knocked on the door but there was no response. I tried again but in vain. I was thinking why no one opened the door when I was asked to collect the inserts between 6pm to 6.30pm. So I took out my phone and start calling the office. Shiryen answered the call and I told her that I was waiting outside.

Shiryen opened the door for me and showed me the wedding inserts. It was printed nicely with no error for once. The previous previews were disappointing as there were errors. I paid her $94 for all the wedding inserts and strings and left.

I took bus no: 58 to Serangoon MRT station and transferred to Bt Gombak MRT station. Jer and I were meeting the curtains uncle, who is my mum's friend's husband, at our new house for quotation of curtains. By the time I reached Bt Gombak MRT station, the time was already 7.50pm. I spent about 1.5hrs on travelling... Sian...

I called Jer and we went up to the new house together. The uncle was not there yet and I took the free time to sweep up whatever dirt I could see on the floor. The uncle came with his assistant and we began looking at the curtain material samples to match the walls.

After an hour plus, we were finally done and got our quotation. I told Jer the quote was cheaper than outside as the uncle had known me since I was a baby. We then went for dinner at the nearby coffeeshop before going back to Jer's house.

We need to finalize the curtain material and colour for the roller blinds and master bedroom another day as the uncle had assumed we wanted to make normal curtains.

No comments: