Saturday, November 15, 2008

Delivery of Furniture & TV

I was awaken in the morning by Jer to have breakfast with her before she goes to Suntec Convention Hall for her company's exhibition. So I got up and went to her house. But Jer was not ready yet. No choice but to wait. When it was time to go for breakfast, there was exactly not enough time for us without Jer being late for work. I ended up buying a bread and milk for Jer and accompanied her to the MRT station.

After seeing Jer off, I went back home. I had wanted to sweep and mop my house which is a weekly routine but I was so tired that I went back to sleep. I woke up an hour later and started doing my chore. My mum did not cook lunch and I went to buy up.

We had lunch and my mum followed me to the new house. I had bought along the vacuum cleaner and other things to the new house and we were carrying big and small bags. Besides that, I was again having a cold and kept sneezing non-stop. The delivery time for the TV and home theatre system was between 12pm to 5pm while the delivery time for the furniture was between 2pm to 6pm.

Once we set foot in the new house, I took the vacuum cleaner and began cleaning the house again. However, the vacuum cleaner was old and the head was worn out. So it did not do a good job. Nevertheless, I tried my best and then mopped the floor while waiting for the deliveries to arrive.

The coffee table was delivered first. Next, the TV and home theatre system came and shortly followed by the LG installation agents. While they were assembling the parts, the delivery of the bed came. So I got to keep moving around to make sure everything was okay. When everything was finished, the floor was very dirty again and I had to sweep and mop the 2nd time. My mum wanted to go home and left me alone. Sebasten came shortly to take a look and he was saying everything looked good and nice. The sofa delivery came and the living room is still spacious even with the sofa being situated in the center. We talked for a while and I paid Sebasten the 3rd instalment of the renovation cost and the payment for the electricians. I also asked him to send his painters back to touch-up some areas. A while later, Sebasten left for his appointment.

Jer came back from work and bought me some food. Thanks dear! Jer was very pleased with the furniture and we continued cleaning the house while we are waiting for the last delivery which is the shoe cabinet. It arrived close to 6pm. After the deliverymen had left, Jer discovered that one of the doors was noisy. I ran down the stairs and managed to contact the deliverymen who were already seated in their lorry. I explained to them what was wrong and one of them followed me back to the house. He just loosened one of the screws on the hinges of the door and it was quiet already. We were impressed by him and thanked him.

After a long day, we went back to Jer's house where her mum cooked dinner for us. We recounted on the day and were surprised that Sincere Furniture Centre had actually sent 4 different deliverymen for all 4 different pieces of furniture. Such a waste of manpower haa!

No comments: