Friday, November 21, 2008

More Shopping!!

Today is my second off but I was asked to go back to my station for an audit. As my mum was going to Chinatown to shop for a rice cooker and kettle for me, I arranged to meet her there after the audit.

I met my mum at Chinatown at around 1140am. We went to have Ikan Bilis Yong Tau Foo again as it was my mum's favourite. After lunch, we went to OG @ People's Park Complex to shop. We found the identical rice cooker which my mum is currently using at home and the price had gone up by $10 since the last time my mum bought it. We then went to select a electrical kettle and a thermos flask. We went to pay for the items and received some coupons and vouchers. One of the coupons allows the bearer to purchase Tefal cooking pans and pots at a discounted price. So I went to buy 1 frying pan and a wooden spatula. I also received 3 coupons to exchange for free oyster pearls at a nearby counter. We went over and handed over the coupons to the staff. He opened up 3 oysters and took out 3 pearls. Another staff then asked my mum whether she would like to attach the pearls to a pendant and the price for 1 is around $100. My mum doesn't want the pendant and we went home after getting the 3 pearls.

In the evening, my mum and I met up with Jer's mum to go to Jurong West to shop for a washing machine and fridge. Jer was coming from her office and we met her at Lakeside MRT station. We took a bus to Blk 504 Jurong West St 51 and went to Kong Tai Electric Trading. The staff recommended to us a Bosch front-loading washing machine which saves more water per wash than a normal top-loading washing machine. The price was slightly more than 2 times of a normal washing machine. Next, we were shown to a Mitsubishi fridge. It has 3 doors and the size is just right for our house. We also take a look at fans and the staff also recommended Mitsubishi ones to us. We selected a model and ordered 3. Jer and I initially intended to buy tower fans but we were advised by the staff that tower fans are weaker and difficult to maintain. So we spent a total of $1900 on the washing machine, fridge and 3 fans. The delivery date was set on next Saturday between 2pm to 5pm. Jer's mum offered to sponsor the 3 fans as a gift to us. Thanks mum-in-law-to-be haa!

Jer and her mum had their dinner at the nearby coffeeshop and we went home after that. Now the house is more complete although we still need a dining table and study table with chairs.

No comments: