Monday, November 17, 2008

Food Tasting @ M Hotel

In less than 2 months, it'll be our big day! The highlight of the wedding is no other than the wedding dinner. Hence in preparation of the dinner, Colette Seah from M Hotel had arranged for us to go for our food tasting in the evening.

Today I was on course again. Immediately after my course had ended, there was still some time and I decided to borrow Jer's brother's car to send my parents, Jer's mum and Jer to the hotel. I rushed back and went to Jer's house to pick up the car key. After that, I went to start the car and drove it to my block before going home to change my clothes.

We arrived at M Hotel and everyone was already there waiting for us. We started the dinner and we were displeased with the service of the waiter who was assigned to our table. He wasn't attentive enough even though he was only serving our table.

The first dish, which is the standard cold dish, came and the waiter showed me the presentation. It looked okay to me and he went to distribute the food at a corner. Everyone was famished by the time the waiter started to distribute the food portion. We were quite disappointed with the prawns and spring rolls as their tastes did not appeal to us. I asked for everyone's comments and wrote everything down on the feedback form.

The other dishes came one after another. The waiter repeated the same procedures until we got fed up with his WOLS service and I asked to self-service. I guess the phrase "hungry people are angry people" is true to some extent haha!

The last dish is Yam Paste with Ginko Nuts. The waiter made a terrible mistake which my brother-in-law could not hold it longer but to question him. The waiter did not stir the dessert before serving us and everyone got either too much soup and too little yam, or too little soup and too much yam... My brother-in-law asked the waiter whether he knows that he should have stirred the dessert before serving and it seems that he does not know.

After the last dish, the manager and chief cook came out to meet us. We gave our feedback on all the dishes and asked the manager to brief and train their staff as it will affect the dinner and the reputation of the hotel.

We were supposed to collect the wedding cards from Colette but apparently, she had already left the hotel. Hence I asked my brother and his wife, my brother-in-law and the two children to go back first. The manager said he will see what he can do for us and we waited. After waiting for around 15 mins, a waitress informed us that the office was locked and we need to wait another 15 mins for someone to open the office. We were tired of waiting and decided to collect the cards tomorrow.

Overall, the food is still okay but we feel that the waiter's service could be better.

No comments: