Sunday, November 23, 2008

Photos Selection

Jer woke me up in the morning and told me that she was doing her housework and the programmes for the day. We will go to our house to "an chuang", go to Ikea after lunch and meet Yen at his studio in mid-noon before I go for my night shift.

I got up and did my weekly routine of sweeping and mopping the floor. I took a bath and went to Jer's house with the shopping bags which I got back from OG yesterday. Jer's mum was going out and went with us to see our renovated house.

When we got to the new house, the first sight that greeted us was a clean white ceiling and walls. The contractor engaged by the Town Council had finally re-painted the black charred walls and ceiling! But only the corridor on our side was painted haha! We went into the house with all the shopping bags and began to "an chuang". We removed the two layers of plastic covers from the mattress and placed the mattress on the bed. The mattress fitted nicely onto the bed and our mission was accomplished!

We left the house and parted ways with Jer's mum. We went for lunch at the coffeeshop before heading to the MRT station to go to Ikea. We were going there to see if there is any suitable dining table and study table and if there is any good buys.

We reached Ikea at around 1pm and began our hunt. We walked around and saw a few tables but we did not like any of them. We left Ikea and there was still some time. So we went to Queensway Shopping Centre to take a look. There was nothing much there and we left shortly.

We took a bus to Chinatown and it was drizzling when we reached there. We went to Giodano within OG and bought an umbrella. We went to Yen's studio and they were waiting for us. Yen gave us a stack of about 300 photos and told us to choose.

We started the tedious process of eliminating the unwanted photos. Some of the shots were taken very nicely while some did not meet our expectations. Prior to coming to Yen's studio, Jer and I had come up with a formula to select the photos in order not to exceed the quota; to choose only 7 photos for each outfit.

Two and a half hours passed and we were finally done with the selection. We had exceeded 1 photo and need to top up $60. Yen told us about a package which allows us to keep all the soft and hard copies of the photos and increase the pages in the album. But it will cost another $1k or more. Jer was slightly tempted but I managed to convince her that the package was redundant and we could spend the money elsewhere.

In the end, Jer removed a photo from the stack and I was not required to pay any extras haha! Yen told us to return in mid-Dec for a preview of the album and Sattine staff will call us to confirm the date when it is nearer.

We thanked Yen and left the studio. As there was still some time, I brought Jer to the famous Mount Faber Nasi Lemak to have dinner. After dinner, Jer went home while I went back to my station to report for work.

Next to-do item on my list is to engage a videographer for the actual day. Hopefully I can find one soon...

No comments: