Thursday, November 20, 2008

Delivery of the Mattress

At 8.14a.m, I was awaken by my phone. Reluctantly, I looked at my phone and the caller ID reflected "Hong Kah Town Council". I answered the call and it was Christina Ong, the manager in-charge of my block. She informed me that the contractor will be painting the corridor along my unit either today or tomorrow. At last, it was going to be done. I thanked her for the help and went back to sleep.

I accompanied my mother to the polyclinic for her regular check-up in the late morning and returned home at around 2p.m. The SeaHorse delivery has been scheduled between 3p.m to 7p.m and I decided to go to the new house earlier to clean up.

Once I stepped into the house, I began to sweep the floor and at the same time, armed with a scraper to remove the paint which had landed on the floor. Whenever Jer and I have finished sweeping and mopping the floor, we will still feel that the floor is still dirty as if there is dust. So I opened the new vacuum cleaner and vacuumed the whole house. After that, I began mopping.

The deliverymen came close to 5p.m and left a few footprints on my floor... I mopped away the prints and went to wash the floor for the toilets. After doing all that labour work, I went home feeling exhausted. The windows and other things will come another day.

No comments: