Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Photo Shoot with Yen

I woke up at 7am and went to wash up after lazing on the bed for a little. The sky looked bright and it seemed to be a nice weather for our photo shoot yeah!

I dressed up and went over to Jer's house. I had planned for us to leave Jer's house at 8am but Jer was not ready yet. So no choice but to wait for her... my little princess. =p

We left her house at 8.25am and we managed to squeeze into the MRT train. It was not an easy feat as I was holding onto my No. 1 uniform and carrying a haversack bag. We were running late and furthermore I wanted to return to my office to take my peak cap which I had forgotten to bring home yesterday...

We reached Outram MRT station at 9am. I rushed off to collect my peak cap while Jer waited for me in the station. I returned shortly and we quickly walked over to Blk 334 Kreta Ayer Road #03-09. We could not find the unit as there is no unit number on the doors. We were searching around when Jessie opened the door for us. She was waiting alone inside. Without further delay, she began her art on Jer's face.

After an hour, Yen's assistant, Candy, came into the studio. She introduced herself to us and chatted with us for a bit. Then it was my turn to beautify my face. This is the first time of my entire life that I have ever put on make-up!!! Jessie also helped to style my hair and she did a great job! Jer kept saying that the hairstyle was very nice and she was surprised when I told her Jessie had used wax on my hair instead of gel. Last time I had used wax to style my hair but Jer claimed that my hair was dull and she preferred my hair to have a wet look. So I switched to gel permanently. But she had a different opinion today, thanks to Jessie haha!

Suddenly, we could hear raindrops falling on the roof. We looked out and were dismayed by the view. It was raining cats and dogs and we were worried about the outdoors photo shoot in the afternoon... :(

Next, entered the most important person of the day! He was no other person but Yen! Yen was smaller in build than I had imagined him to be. He was very humorous and could joke about anything under the sun haha. He explained to us how he would take the photos later and told us umpteen times to be natural for the photos to turn out nice. Mandy came a while later with Jer's gowns and the hand bouquet.

We changed into our outfits and began our photo shoot. At first, we were very stiff and did not know what to do for the first few shots. Yen took pains to explain to us in details and I kindda understand what he was looking for. He would ask us to look here and there to make us move our bodies naturally and he would snap once the opportunity strikes. He showed us a few photos and we both agreed that the photos were beautifully taken. Full marks for Yen yeah!

We continued our photo shoot with another set of outfits. Jer's made-to-measure evening gown is very elegant and she looks stunning in it! Even Yen praised the design of the evening gown, and not forgetting Jer for showing the best out of the gown! That's my pretty lil gal hee! But Jer did not really know what Yen wanted and was constantly guided by Yen to pose naturally. Yen's favourite phrase is "heng jia lor" which means very fake in Mandarin. I tried to guide Jer along but I could see that she was quite tense.

Time passed without a trace and it's lunchtime already. Candy offered to buy lunch for us. I passed her a $50 note and offered to treat them lunch. Candy left and returned with our food and returned me the change. We had our lunch and Jer did not finish her food as she feared that she would not look nice in the photo shoot. Don't worry dear, no matter how you look like, you are still the dear I love most hee!

With a filled stomach, we began the second round of the photo shoot. While Yen was reviewing the photos he had taken, he commented that there was no reflection from my glasses. He got a surprise when I told him that I had removed the lens from the glasses as advised by Mandy. He had only noticed it until now haha! We continued with our photo shoot and we find that most of the poses are almost similar and Yen is trying to capture the best shots out of those poses. As it was raining heavily, we could feel that Yen was taking his time to take the shots to wait for the rain to stop.

But after he was done with our last indoor outfit, he discussed with us on what to do next. Yen was suggesting to us to come another day for the outdoors photo shoot cos the photos would look dull and gloomy without sunlight. We were pondering on the decision when Jer decided to go for it. Jer was thinking that it may also rain even on "another day" and it would be more tiring for us to return.

So we embarked on our adventurous journey to battle the rain. Deep down in our hearts, we were praying that the rain and dark clouds would go away. Rain rain go away, come again another day...

First, we went to the Singapore Arts Museum located along Bras Basah Road. Jer told me that this is the place that she had wanted to tell me about but she does not know its name and location. So Yen coincidentally chose the place which Jer likes. Just as if heaven was on our side, the rain stopped and there was some sunlight. We quickly took some photos at the place and not before long it started to rain again. Sigh...

Our next location is Sentosa. I had gotten 4 Sentosa Islander passes from my station which each pass allows free entry into Sentosa for the holder. I could have gotten another pass but I did not expect there is an additional person who is the driver. But at least, I saved some money which is better than nothing.

We went to Tanjong Beach but the sky is still gloomy and tearing away. Out of boredom, I took some pictures of Jer with my digital camera. A few minutes later, the sun was smiling down at us again and the rain also stopped abruptly. We quickly continued with our photo shoot and it ended in half an hour.

We went back to the studio to change and Yen arranged with us the appointment to select the photos. He also told us not to bring other people along as it will hinder the photos selection. So we set the date to next Sunday which is 16 Nov at 11.30am. We left the studio and I went back to my station to keep the uniform and peak cap.

After a tiring and fun day, we went home to rest. Who says photo shoot is not tough? Haa!

No comments: