Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shopping for Wedding stuff

I woke up at 9am to prepare for an outing with my mum, Jer and her mum. We had arranged to go to Chinatown to buy the Chinese wedding necessities.

My mum and I went over to Jer's house to meet up. On the way, we met Jer's brother who was going to the car park to get his car to send his wife to work. He had wanted to go to Chinatown too but we were too late to go with him.

We took the MRT to Chinatown. We went to the shop which my mum brought us to and there were a lot of Chinese wedding stuff in the shop. My mum asked for the items to "shang tou" for both Jer and myself. Jer and I bought some red packets and stickers to paste on our doors.

Although we were buying the minimum, but we still spent almost an hour in the shop. We had Ikan Bilis Yong Tau Foo at the food centre and queued for about half an hour... After we had our fill, we went to Suntec Convention Hall for the Home Electronics Fair.

When we reached Suntec, there were many people moving around as there are other fairs going on. We walked for a while but nothing caught our eyes. So we decided to go to Bukit Panjang Plaza Harvey Norman to take a look.

Once we reached there, my mum began looking around the store. We shortlisted a few fridges and washing machines. Then Jer's mum suggested to go to Jurong West where it is cheaper to buy electrical appliances. Jer called her uncle to ask for the shop's number and address. But when she called the shop, the shop was already about to close as it ended operation early on Sundays.

So we went home instead. We had dinner at the coffeeshop after we had put the things we bought earlier at our homes. Of cos, it's my treat haa!

No comments: