Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tiring Day

I went straight to the new house after my night shift. The dining table from Star Furniture would be coming at around 10.30am. So I bought a packet of vegetarian bee hoon and a can of drink for breakfast while I wait for the delivery.

The deliverymen came at 10.40am and they were quick in assembling the table. But they did not clear the aftermath of the installation... There were a lot of small Styrofoam which dropped off from the Styrofoam board used to protect the glass. I gotta sweep them up but it was a futile effort.. So I used the vacuum cleaner to clear the mess which was super duper efficient!


While I was cleaning, the curtain uncle called me to tell me that the curtains are ready and asked me whether he can come at 2pm. I agreed and continued with my task.

After I was done, my mum called me. She was not feeling well and wanted me to go back home asap. I went home and my mum told me that she had been vomiting and feeling dizzy. I brought her to the nearby clinic to see the doctor. The doctor checked my mum thoroughly but could not deduce what was wrong with her. It could be that she was either too tired or her body did not adjust back after she had touched down in Singapore from Taiwan. The doctor prescribed some medicine to my mum and we went back home.

My mum was washing her clothes earlier and I told her to rest and I would settle the rest. Luckily, she had wanted to wash her clothes in the washing machine and that saved me the hassle of hand-washing. I followed her instructions and washed and hanged out the clothes. At the same time, I asked the curtain uncle to wait for my call when I'm going over to the new house.

I reached the new house at around 2.10pm. The uncle and his assistant came over at around 2.30pm. In close to a hour, they completed installing all the curtains. The curtains were all beautifully made. I asked the uncle how much the curtains cost in all but he told me that he did not bring his invoice along. He will get the payment from me on another day.

I went home and finally took my bath before going to sleep. I barely slept 2hrs before my handphone alarm starting to ring. Jer and me will be meeting David and Mindy for dinner and to view their wedding photos at their house.

I got up and went to Bukit Gombak MRT station to meet Jer. We reached Causeway Point on time but David and Mindy were still looking for a parking lot at the car park. So we strolled around while we thought of what to have for our dinner. We saw a set dinner promotion at Siam Kitchen and decide to go for it.

David and Mindy came and we ordered our food. The food took quite a while to come but it was worth the wait. After the dinner, we went to David's and Mindy's new house.

This was the 1st time I had seen their new house. Everything was very new and shiny and stylish. They showed us their Sattine photo album and the photos were very well taken and designed. Hopefully, Yen will present the same quality to us on the coming Saturday when we meet him for the album preview.

We finished watching the 10pm Channel U show and went home. I sent Jer home and went home to sleep. I'm so dead beat after a long day yawn..

No comments: