Saturday, December 6, 2008

Final Aircon Servicing & Payment

I had slept less than 2hrs and I went to the new house to meet the aircon technician to repair the faulty aircon in the guest room. When I got there at 3pm, the technician was already waiting outside. He's so punctual.

The technician wasted no time on the repair and he finished the job in 10mins. Sebasten called me to check if the technician was there and told me that he would be dropping by to mend the hole in the guest room and the gap under the rubbish chute and most importantly, to collect the final payment haha!

I paid the technician the cost of the replaced part and he left. I began to install the Starhub voice-enabled modem and the D-Link router. I tried to install the software for both devices on my laptop but I encountered errors. However, the network and phone line were working perfectly. So I called up D-Link to enquire about the error and was told that the software was not required at all and the amber light that appeared at the "Link" on the modem was also encountered by many other users. After that, I made a test-call to Jer who was outside with her friends and she was surprised that the phone line is up.

Sebasten came with a packet of cement and started to mend the hole and gap. He was done in a while and I asked him to send me home as I did not expect him to turn up today and did not bring along my cheque book. He gladly sent me back and I gave him the final payment of $888.

Seeing that I had some time before meeting Jer, I went to sweep and mop my home. I had my bath and Jer called me. Jer arranged to meet me at Jurong East MRT station to go to IMM to purchase a tap for the kitchen and the toilet bowl seats.

When we were at IMM, we went to Sim Sang Choon and bought the tap, a mirror for the toilet and 2 toilet bowl seats. After that, we went to The D.I.Y Store and bought our unit numbers at last! We had dinner at Subway before taking a cab back to the new house to put the things.

Tomorrow, my uncle will be dropping by to help us to move the bed and to fix the tap. It will be a long day ahead!

No comments: