Monday, December 22, 2008

Meeting with JP

I woke up 40 mins later after my alarm had sounded at 4pm. I had a few calls while I was sleeping till I just stopped the alarm as I thought it's one of those calls again haha!

I got up immediately and left my house at 5pm after a brief wash-up. I went to Bukit Batok Central to cut my hair. The last time I had cut my hair was the middle of last month. So I was sporting a mushroom hairdo which is difficult to style as it was thick and heavy.

I was done with my haircut at 6pm and went to Tiong Bahru MRT station to wait for Jer. We would be meeting our JP Ms Ong Ying Ying for the first time to sign the consent form for solemnisation at Novena Square at 8pm.

When we reached Novena Square, it was almost 8pm. Jer got an sms from Ms Ong saying that she would be coming around 8.15-8.30pm cos she wants to have her dinner first. We shopped around the shops there and she finally arrived.

She is a pleasant-looking and soft-spoken lady. We had thought the signing of the form would only take about 5-10 mins but we were wrong. She had intended to brief us about the procedures and preparation for the solemnisation and it would take about an hour to do it. So we went to Ichiban Boshi to have our dinner while she briefed us.

We finished the briefing and dinner at around 10pm. We bid farewells to her and went back home. Overall, we feel comfortable with her being the solemniser for our wedding. :)

No comments: