Thursday, December 25, 2008

NTUC Shopping Spree

Jer called me twice in the morning to wake me up. She wanted me to send her brother to work so that we could use his car after that. I got up and went over to her house.

I sent her brother to work and drove the car back. We moved some of our belongings to the new house and before we knew it, it was already 1pm. We went to the new NTUC Xtra beside Jurong Point. A few days ago, I had received a mailer from NTUC which is giving a $10 discount for $100 spent at the NTUC Xtra. On top of that, I have $50 worth of NTUC vouchers while Jer has $5. So we will be able to save a total of $65 if we spend more than $100 there.

We reached the NTUC Xtra at around 1.30pm. The building was very crowded with people and most of the restaurants were fully packed with a some people waiting in the queues. We went over to Fig & Olive to have our lunch. After our lunch, we went up to the NTUC Xtra. It was also crowded with people. I had a hard time maneuvering the trolley around and we began our shopping spree.

After 2 hours of shopping, we finally checked out. The total bill was $132.20 and after deducting all the vouchers, we only need to fork out $67.20!! This is close to a 50% discount on all our purchases WOW!

We hurried back to our new home to place our shopping there. I sent Jer home and went home myself as I was rushing for work. I went over to Lot 1 to pass the car back to Jer's brother and went to work.

No comments: