Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Near Complete Home

At 9.46am, I was awaken by a call on my handphone. My uncle wanted to come to my house at 11am instead of 1pm. After the call, I realised that he had also called me at 7.46am and sms me but I did not hear it.

I got up immediately and washed up. Since my uncle is coming over with his lorry, I was thinking that I might as well move my TV, PS2 and printer to the new house. So I began to unplug all the cable connections.

My uncle came with his wife at 10.50am. I was still packing the things and he single-handedly moved the mattress and dismantled bed frame. We went to the new house after moving the bed to the lorry. When we reached the car park behind the block, we carried the things up while my uncle's wife helped us to look after the things.

After we had unloaded everything in the new house, we went back to my house again to collect the remaining things. Next, we went to Jer's house to collect her keyboard and other stuffs. We went to the new house and shifted everything up.

The two trips were tiring especially because of the long distance between the lift and the staircase and the need to climb up a flight of stairs. Too bad that the Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP) will only be taking effect next year for the block. Haiz..

By the time we were done moving the things, the time was almost 1pm. My uncle went to the kitchen to install the tap, and changed the mirror and toilet bowl seat. He also helped to install the glass platform on the toilet wall. Jer went to the master bedroom and realised that we had bought the wrong colour for the toilet bowl seat... Lucky, we can still go back to the shop to change it within 60 days of purchase. I bought lunch for everyone and we had our food at the coffee table.

Lastly, we carried the study desk, which was left over by Mr Lim, to throw downstairs. But in the midst of carrying along the 5th floor corridor, we were intercepted by a Malay family who wanted the study desk. So we moved the study desk into the Malay family's house and left. This really saves us the hassle of carrying the study desk down haa!

My uncle and his wife went home after that. I had prepared a red packet for my uncle as a token of appreciation for his help. Jer wanted to buy a dining table urgently and we decided to go to Defu Furniture located at Bt Batok branch.

But I had to return home to wash clothes first or the amount of clothes would pile up. After I had finished washing and hanging the clothes, I took a bath and met Jer at her house.

We went to Defu and it was located at a remote and secluded place. There were a lot of furniture on display but the pricing was higher than other places we had seen so far. We left the place disappointedly and Jer wanted to go to Star Furniture located opposite IMM to take a look.

We took a cab there and saw 2 suitable tables. We were pondering whether to choose the smaller but stylish table or the larger but simple one. Finally, we decided to go for the larger but simple table. While the salesperson was issuing the invoice, we spotted another table with the same dimensions as the one we had chosen and changed our order to it. The delivery was set on the coming Wednesday (10.12.08) in the morning.

Satisfied, we went to IMM to have our dinner. We dined at the Hong Kong Cafe and shared a boiled half-chicken with two bowls of rice. We also ordered the iced milk tea which comes with ice-cream in it. I added glass jelly to it and the taste was very refreshing. We had a very full dinner and went home.

The new house is almost complete except that we are still short of a study table. Hopefully, we can find 1 to our likings soon!

No comments: