Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy Sunday!

My HP’s alarm rang at 8am and I reached my hand out to turn it off. I was still lying on my bed and refused to get up as I did not sleep well the night before. Thinking about the schedule I had planned for the day, I got up from my bed reluctantly and went to wash up. After I washed up, Jer called me to check on me as she feared that I might still be sleeping soundly.

I quickly swept and mopped the house and went to Jer’s house at 9.15am. Jer was still taking her time to get ready cos she would be having her driving lesson after the appointment with Sebasten. We left her house and hurried to our new house. Luckily, we reached there before Sebasten. Sebasten came limping shortly with a swelling foot from a fall he had a few days ago. We went through the whole house with him and he gave several suggestions to us on how to renovate the house. He took some measurements and notes in his notepad and informed us that he would try to design something for the living room by the end of the week.

As the time was creeping near Jer’s driving lesson at 10.30am, I told her to go first and I would settle the rest. Jer left for her lesson and I continued to discuss with Sebasten. Before he left, I asked him to provide me a rough estimate quote of the cost of the renovation when he produced the design at the end of the week and he agreed.

I went home and took a bath to prepare for the next appointment. Jer came back and I meet up with her to go to Sattine for her trial make up. We reached Sattine exactly at 12.30pm and Jer informed Mandy about our decision to change the photographer to Yen instead of the recommended Xiao Xin (Edmund). Mandy told us that we are the 6th couple who has decided to make the change. However, the photo shoot date will need to be changed to another day as Yen is not free on 6 October. Mandy can only confirm the date tomorrow evening. Yesterday night, Jer had done some research on Yen and Xiao Xin and to our horror; the comments about Xiao Xin are not complimentary. The make-up artist Jessie came and began her art on Jer’s face. She was chatting to Jer but her hands never slowed down. She completed Jer’s make-up in 30 mins and Jer was quite satisfied with it. Mandy then told us to go for lunch as it was late and to return later to try out the dresses for the photo shoot.

We had lunch at Tanjong Pagar Plaza. We returned to Sattine and Jer tried on a few dresses but only 1 design caught our attention. We decided to MTM the evening gown in 2 shades of purple from the design. Mandy was busy attending to another couple and told us to return at around 6pm to select the dresses.

So we went off to Novena Square to spot-check on Mavis who is working at a makeover shop. We found Mavis working on a customer effortlessly but she was so engrossed in her work that she did not notice us. We went to buy waffle to eat and bought her share too. Yet, she did not see us again. So we walked around Novena Square to kill time. We went to buy ice-cream and went back to the shop. This time, Mavis finally saw us and she was so surprised. We gave her the waffle and Jer asked her to accompany her to Sattine later cos I had to work night shift. We waited for Mavis but I left first at 6.30pm.

While I was working, Jer called me and told me that she had decided on the dresses for the photo shoot. Jer was very excited. We are a step nearer to the photo shoot.

No comments: