Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Finalizing of Renovation

Since the last meeting with Sebasten, we have arranged for an appointment at his office at IMM today at 8pm. We are curious on what kind of design he will come up with for our living room. Hopefully it will be something that we fancy. *x fingers*

I met up Jer at Jurong East MRT at 7.20pm. We took the shuttle bus to IMM and we waited for about 10 mins. By the time we arrived at IMM, it was almost 8pm. We quickly went for a quick dinner at LJS (Jer's fav) before going up to Sebasten's shop.

Sebasten was alone in his shop. We did not really took a good look at the shop the first time we passed by. The theme of the shop is black with a modern touch. What surprised us is that the ceiling of the shop was uniquely designed with mirrors affixed unevenly. Now that is something creative!

Sebasten wasted no time to show us the design which was already placed on the table. He showed us the features of the design and recommended some colours to go with it. He also took out some material samples for us to get a better picture of the colours combination. The design gave us a very homely feeling and we liked it! We discussed for some time and time really passed in a blink of the eye.

Almost 2 hrs passed and we finally touched on the quotation. The quotation plus GST will cost us slightly more than $11k. The most expensive items are the wardrobes and living room feature wall. I was telling Jer that we can buy a cupboard for the study room instead of building a wardrobe which is definitely cheaper and more practical. She was pondering for a while and finally she agreed with me. Jer had taken into consideration that besides the renovation, we still need to buy furnitures and electronic stuff for the kitchen.

So after some bargaining with Sebasten, we finally got the quotation at close to 9k with GST included. Jer had wanted me to use my credit card for the deposit to earn points but alas, Sebasten's shop does not have any card machine. Luckily, I had brought along my cheque book and signed off 1k for the deposit.
Next Thursday, we will be going back to Sebasten's shop again to finalize the colours for the house. I had asked for the paints catalog from Sebasten since I saw quite a few on display (it's free from the paints company anyway!). We bid our farewell to Sebasten and left IMM.

I have to remove the wooden platform in the living room which was left over to us by the previous owners by next week before the renovation begins. I need to ask my uncle's help to cut and remove the platform as it is impossible to get rid of it by myself. Haiz...

So far, everything is still going according to my planned schedule. Just hope that there will be no major hiccups. *x fingers again*

No comments: