Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wedding Bands

For the past few months, Ben has been asking me when I would be going to look at wedding bands but I have been putting the issue aside as I kept thinking we still have time. One fine day, while walking around bugis, we were approached by the sales exec of Lee Hwa jewellery so we decided to pop inside to have a look.

We were browsing the rings section and the sales exec (A) asked when we will need the ring so I told him next month. A then informed us that we would need to wait 3 months if we were to custom made the rings. We were surprised that the wait for custom made wedding bands is so long! We had intended to have our wedding bands ready for our photo shoot next month and yet only now we are looking for them...

We went around a few other jewellery shops but nothing really caught my eyes until I saw something at Citigems and we managed to shortlist the design. It has 6 diamonds all round the ring and a single groove in between the diamonds. The sales exec told us that we could get our wedding bands in time as Ben's finger size is small and he has to take the ladies' design. We will be taking the identical pair of rings. Ben's finger size is 12 and for guys, the ring size is from 16 and above. Satisfied, we asked for the product code of the design and left the shop.

Today, we went to Citigems at Lot 1 to look for my brother and gave him the product code. My brother does not have that design but West Mall Citigems has it. While we are still browsing around, we saw another design which previously we had forgo as the guy's design is too plain. The design is similar to the one we saw in Bugis except that it has an additional diagonal groove at the diamonds and looks more dazzling. I tried on the ring and like it. But I was pondering which design to choose over the two. Knowing me that I won't be satisfied until I tried on the other design again, we went to West Mall Citigems. Once we set foot inside the shop, immediately I asked to try on the design when I spotted it on display.

The conclusion?

I decided to choose the design I saw at my brother's shop.

Finally, we have selected our wedding bands and according to my brother, they would be arriving at his shop in a few days time. So we will be able to have our wedding bands for the photoshoot!

No comments: