Friday, September 26, 2008

Eventful day

I woke up earlier than usual today. I'm still having the flu from yesterday and my tummy and neck are aching from the yoga practises I had yesterday. It's irritating whenever I have flu. Sian...

I called the contractor Sebasten Soo to arrange an appointment with him on the coming Sunday. Jer and myself are thinking of doing up the living room, re-paint the whole unit and maybe to build-in some wardrobes in the rooms. Sebasten was unable to confirm with me right away as he was not in office to check his schedule and told me that he would call me later.

I also called HKTC and asked about the re-painting for the corridor. No one has called me and I can't believe they are so inefficient. I was transferred to the officer in-charge, Mr Lim. He told me that he had gone to the unit himself and the re-painting would be starting soon and completed by mid-October. At least, he has done something about it.

I had lunch at home and called the plumber for the appointment. We set the time at 1.30pm. I was to carry a ladder from my home to the new house. Then Jer asked me to buy a mop with changeable head to bring to the new house. So I carried the ladder on 1 hand and carried the mop in another. I met Jeremy along the way and he told me I looked like a contractor... Thanks hor brother... (-_-;)

I reached my new house and the plumber was outside already. He told me he just arrived and we went into the house. As we did not have the mirror, he just applied some PVC gum on the pipe and told me to call him again if there is any problem in the future. He left shortly and I started to sweep the floor. The house is kindda dusty even though there is no one staying there. I thought of mopping the floor but my nose was leaking like a pipe... So I gave up the idea and left. I went to open the letter box and discovered a few envelopes and a lot of flyers in it. There were 2 envelopes attentioned to the lady seller and 1 envelope from DTZ. In it was an official receipt stating that they had received the commission in full. There was also a recycled envelope from the sellers which contained the CCTV manual and installation CD. No wonder I cannot locate them in the box haa!

I sent an sms to Mr Lim to inform him about the 2 envelopes and went home. Shortly after I'd reached home, Mr Lim called me to ask me to put the envelopes in his in-laws' letter box at Blk 338. I told him I would do it later. Well, if he had called earlier, I would not need to make a trip back again. Feeling sick, I went to take a nap.

I woke up at 6pm and luckily, I was feeling better already. I went to Blk 338 and dumped the envelopes into the given unit's letter box. I went back home and called Sebasten. Sebasten had an appointment in the late morning on Sunday and he would try to change it with his clients to accommodate my appointment. He would call me again.

At 7.10pm, my HP rang but it was not Sebasten but the catering manager, Colette Seah, from M Hotel. She informed me that the dates for the food tasting were out and confirmed my email address to send the details to me. I called Jer and told her about the good news. We set the date on 17 November. I called Sebasten again and he told us that he would be able to make it on Sunday at 11.30am. Actually, if he could not make it, Jer and myself would not mind meeting him earlier haha. I also asked him to bring along the paints catalog and some designs (he had done before) which he thinks are suitable for my living room. I even sent him the floor plan via email.

So everything will have to wait on Sunday. But I just received a call from Jer saying that Sattine requires us to be there earlier on Sunday at 12.30pm... OMG, I immediately sent an sms to Sebasten to ask to meet him at 9.30am instead. Hopefully, he will be able to make it. I feel so bad to make him change his appointments. But what can I do?

The customer is always right hahaha! ;-P

No comments: