Monday, September 22, 2008

The Big Sweep

Today is Monday and poor Jer has to go back to work... What about me? I'm enjoying my second off day haha! So the chore of sweeping the house will be solely undertaken by myself.

After I had my breakfast, I called up Hong Kah Town Council (HKTC) to ask for someone to check the kitchen's toilet which was supposed to be leaking as informed by Mr Lim. The staff arranged the plumber to meet me at our house at 12pm. Besides that, I also asked the staff to get people to repaint the wall and ceiling along the corridor and for the block as they were all darkened for unknown reasons. However, the staff told me that the repainting of the block would only be done every 7 years and they would do it next year for my block. As for the corridor, it would be on a case-by-case basis. The staff informed me that she would send an officer to take a look and the officer would call me to arrange for an appointment. The completion of the coming lift upgrading programme (LUP) will depend on HDB and it usually takes a year to complete. This means that by the time we are having our wedding, the lift will not be ready yet.

I had my early lunch at home and went to the house to wait for the plumber. I reached there slightly before 12pm and while I was waiting, I swept the entire house and took slightly more than an hour to clean up all the green beans, tea leaves and dust. The result: a clean house but a blister on one of my fingers... But still, the plumber had yet to arrive. Irritated, I called up HKTC to enquire. The staff gave me the plumber's HP number and asked me to call him. Apparently, the plumber had forgotten about the appointment and promised to come to the house immediately. He only arrived at 1.25pm... He began to check the toilet pipe. After some scratching and removing of scotch tapes from the pipe, he concluded that it could be the ceiling that is leaking. However, he will require a ladder and a small mirror to confirm it. So he fixed an appointment with me on the coming Friday to inspect the pipe again. Sigh... This is so troublesome... :-(

The plumber left the house after 5 mins and I returned home.

In the evening, Mavis came to view our house. The neighbour's dog barked at us the moment we walked past it. Jer was frightened by it even though it is just a small dog haha! After we had finished viewing the house, we returned home as Jer had not eaten her dinner. The next thing we have to do is to plan what we want for the renovation! Lots of things to do....

No comments: