Thursday, September 18, 2008

Finally, the most awaited day!

Today is the day for us to go HDB Hub for our final appointment to take over the keys from the sellers.

I have applied for half-day leave for the afternoon appointment at 3.45pm while Ben is having his off. Initially, I have arranged to meet up with Ben at Tiong Bahru Plaza to have our lunch before going to HDB Hub. However, at the last minute, I need to go to Standard Chartered Bank at Anchor Point to remit a very imporant payment so I have to meet Ben at Queenstown MRT station instead.

I arrived at Queenstown MRT station at around 1.40pm and Ben was there waiting. Fortunately, he has got his PSP to keep him company. Ben had an appointment with Mandy who is kind enough to make amendments to his ceremonial dress which is needed for the PS in 2 weeks' time. We proceed to Tanjong Pagar Plaza for our lunch. Ben had wanted to bring me to the famous nasi lemak stall over there and I have been longing to try it. By the time we reached, it was 2pm and all the 3 nasi lemak stalls were packing up and closing the stalls. Oh well, I guess I have no fate to eat the nasi lemak... We settled for yong tau foo and herbal chicken and since there was still some time, we went to SingPost to renew my PDL.

After that, we went to Sattine. Ben tried on his ceremonial dress and Mandy suggested that she would only tailor the top to make it more fitting. We were both amazed that Ben has such slim legs keke! Mandy told us to wait for a while as she only needed 15 mins to tailor the top. As we were meeting our agent, Patricia, at HDB Hub at 3.30pm, we told Mandy that we would collect it later and rushed off to HDB hub.

We reached HDB Hub at 3.30pm sharp and met up with Patricia and the sellers. We got our queue number 4142 and went to the 2nd floor to wait for our turn. The queue slip showed our room number is 235 and we waited just outside the rooms. We waited and waited and suddenly, our seller, Mr Lim, went to the next rows of rooms and saw our queue number was being called at room 234. So why was the wrong room number printed on the queue slip? We quickly went to the room and our resale officer was waiting for us. Mr Lim then handed over the keys to us in the presence of the resale officer and he also gave us a file containing all the renovation and relevant documents to us. Wow, Ben was right. I did not believe that Mr Lim would be so nice to give us the file too! ;-P He's really a very nice guy!

After all the procedures, we are finally the official homeowners of our new home! But, this is also the beginning of more tasks to be done... We paid Patricia her commission and made our way back to Tanjong Pagar. We are having our wedding photo shoot in two weeks and I still have not source for my wedding shoes. We went to International Plaza first as Mandy had told us that I could find my wedding shoes there. We were walking around trying to find shoes shops and suddenly Ben pointed to a display poster and exclaimed that the shoes are beautiful.

Agreeing with him, we went into the shop, Leaping Lizards. Inside the shop, most of the shoes are designed for weddings and we found the shoes that we had seen on the poster. I tried it on and like it a lot. They were comfortable and elegant. The lady boss (whom we presumed she is) informed us that she has a similar design but it has Swarovski crystals on it instead of the normal crystals. To show us the difference, she put the two shoes together; one with normal crystals and the other with Swarovski crystals. The winner is no other than the shoe with the Swarovski crystals. The shine from the Swarovski crystals was really stunning and so was the price... The pair of shoes cost more than $300, which is double the price of the one with normal crystals. OMG! I didn't want to invest so much in a pair of shoes and so I decided to purchase the pair of shoes with the normal crystals. After all, I may not wear the pair of shoes again unless I am attending a grand function or dinner. *heart pain* This is the most costly pair of shoes i owned.

Next, we went back to Sattine. I told Mandy about the shoes and she took a look at them. When she saw the shoes, she informed us that one of her customers had also bought the same pair of shoes. Haha, what a coincident! In addition, we met the same people who were also at Leaping Lizard earlier on. So it was double coincidence haa!

Ben collected his top and we decided to go for dinner. Ben suggested to have our dinner at Sakae Sushi at Icon Village as a form of celebration for officially becoming homeowners. Yippe! On our way to Sakae Sushi, we went to IsRose to say hi to my friends. I briefly updated them on my wedding preparations and we went for dinner.

After the dinner, we took a stroll to M Hotel. I wanted to see whether I could have my photo shoot there but to my disappointment, the place is not so ideal. It does not have the kind of beautiful stairs that I liked. I have to source for another place then... Sigh...

After a long and tiring day, we finally embarked on the journey home. At least today was a fruitful day for us to finally owning a house and we are almost prepared for our photo shoot. Hooray!

No comments: