Sunday, October 19, 2008

SAW V (my ver)

Yesterday, I woke up in the morning and swept and mopped the floor of my house. The night before, I met Yixiang while I was going home and borrowed two saws from him to aid me in my upcoming task of removing the platform in my new house.

I met Jer after her driving lesson to go to our new house. I brought along 2 stools, some newspapers and the 2 saws with some huge plastic bags. First, we removed the curtains. My sister had expressed her interest in the curtains as they matched her house walls. We packed them into two plastic bags.

Next, we began to work on the major task - the platform. I took out some newspaper and placed them on the floor. Then I took a saw and began sawing and sawing. The noise created from the sawing was deafening. Maybe it is because my house is empty and there are echoes. I continued to saw and suddenly, the blade snapped and broke into 2... Luckily, the saw blade can be replaced easily. So I took the other saw and continued. Jer offered to help but I told her that it was too much for her to handle. Jer was supposed to go to her colleague's house for Hari Raya celebration and I told her to go. She was reluctant to leave as she was worried that I could not cope with the sawing.

After Jer left, I continued a while more and I decided to buy a decent handsaw. I went to Bukit Gombak Central to have my lunch and bought a cheap handsaw and a replaceable saw blade from a shop. It has a few different saw blades that can be attached to the handle.

I went back with the new handsaw and fitted the replaceable saw blade to Yixiang's saw. Then I opened the packaging of the handsaw. While I was removing the saw blades, I realised that the plastic handle had some cracks... I was too lazy to return to the shop to change and resumed on my sawing. The handsaw was working fine but I was still sawing in a curve angle. So I shifted the heavy platform by myself and changed the handsaw blade. Then another thing broke... The handsaw handle broke and I could not use it to saw anymore.

I had been sawing for more than 3hrs and I just need to saw another 5cm to cut the platform into 2. So I began to think and tried to break the platform with brute force. I finally succeed by holding one end of the platform and jumping on it twice. I carried the platform aside and began to clear up the sawdust. Even when the platform had been sawed into 2, they were still quite heavy because of the size.

I carried the platform 1 by 1 down the stairs and went into the lift. Then I had to struggle with the lift door as it kept closing while I was trying to move the platform into it. Still I managed to pull through.

I went back to the house and began to sweep and mop the floor of the entire house. It has been a month since the floor has been mopped and the pail of water was really black. A look at my handphone and it was already 5.15pm.

I packed up and went home for my dinner. After that, I returned the 2 saws to Yixiang before going to work night shift.

I was so tired from all the sawing but at least I saved $150! SAW V my way! Time to K.O. into my dreamland!

No comments: