Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Hunt Begins

Today, Jer and I decided to shop for the furniture and electric appliances for our house. I printed out a list of items which we are going to buy and Jer borrowed her brother's car. We had lunch at Jer's house and started our hunt!

First, we went to Bukit Panjang Plaza Harvey Norman. We browsed around the store for refrigerator, washing machine, TV, fan and home theater system. We shortlisted a few and I went on to write down the model numbers and other details. Jer was saying that I was very bold and claimed that those salesmen were all staring at me. Well, the store never placed a sign to forbid me from doing so. So, who cares haha!

After spending an hour there, we went to the 18@TradeHub 21 located along 18 Boon Lay Way. We had often seen the building during the MRT journey from Jurong East towards Clementi but we do not know exactly where it is. So I drove around the vicinity of IMM and managed to find it.

We went to a couple of furniture stores and kiv a few. Until we went to a store, Sincere Furniture Centre, and was attended to by Joe. Joe told us that some of the furniture we had seen so far are actually from his store. He could give us a cheaper price as he is the supplier. We saw a really nice shoe cabinet and coffee table. We also tried on a sofa and it was very comfortable. But tagged along with the comfort was a dear price. We bargained and finally, we got some discounts. We even ordered a bed frame from him. We need the bed frame in a hurry as we are almost reaching the auspicious date to "an chuang". In our Chinese customs, this is to set the bed in the room to get good blessings for the couple.

After I had paid the deposit, we went home. Poor me had caught a cold since morning and had been sneezing non-stop... I then went home to prepare for night shift.

Next, we have to pester Sebasten to start our renovation asap or we won't be able to make it to the "an chuang" date.

No comments: