Friday, August 15, 2008

Gown Trying @ Satt|ne Part I

I had intended to leave for work early today but was held up. I rushed down to Sattine Bridal Couture located at Tanjong Pagar to meet Ben and Mavis who are already there for my gown trying. I am quite pleased with myself as I had done my homework, i.e. looking through bridal mags (from Mindy) and identifying the gowns that I like. I showed Mandy, the coordinator, the type of gowns that I preferred so that it will be easier for her to choose something along that line. After all, this is a once in a lifetime affair and it's every gal's dream to look the most beautiful on that special day! Poor Ben had a cold and he was suffering inside the dressing room. I tried on a few gowns before David and Mindy came back with snacks. They had came earlier and Mindy had decided on her wedding gown and stayed behind to have dinner together. I am really very fortunate to have such buddies who accompanied me throughout to choose my gown. Although David was very bored, tired and hungry, he still patiently waited for me. *Thanks heaps!!!*

I decided that I wanted a gown that make me look "princessy" for the first march in and a elegant evening gown for the 2nd march in. I tried on several more gowns and managed to find one which everyone agreed that it was suitable for me. I loved the embroderies and the cutting! :) Ok, I took about 2 hrs to select 1 gown! It's quite tedious I must say... Mavis also had a go on one of the wedding gown which she looked fabulous in it. Mavis commented that it would be a long time before she would have her own wedding but I assured her that her wait for a perfect guy will not be in vain.

Mission acomplished! I've decided on the wedding gown. While we were arranging for another appointment to try my evening gown, we saw a display gown on the first level and I felt like trying it. However, I have to wait for a week to try it as it could not be tried until it is removed from the display. Duh~ oh well...

We set the date for our 2nd appointment and we are on our way to Geylang to have our dinner. We had frog's leg with porridge and BBQ sting-ray which Ben gladly paid for to thank everyone.

2 more weeks to the 2nd appointment - woohoo!

No comments: